Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Dearie me, I thought that once Nanowrimo was over I'd just be running over with words, being hot on the heels of my recent inkslinging and all. But no, instead, I've been walking around with my mouth hanging open slightly, carrying a goblet of margarita in one hand that I don't actually drink from but take comfort in knowing is there.

In the words of Nanoloon MacBean, "Nanowrimo has sucked the life out of me and every word with it." She was quoting me when she said that, so it might be true. Furthermore, someone out there declared the first workaday of this week to be Mute Monday, so I figure if they can choose a day not to talk, so can I. And so I choose Today. It's Mute Today.

In honor of Mute Today, I am going to stop talking now and give you pictures. Enjoy, and shhhh....










4 comments:

Wayfarer Scientista said...

Hey, there's THING! (Thing being our resident octopus.) But clearly it's not Thing nor his girlfriend Queen of the Laminaria but one of their cousins. Love the photos.

moi said...

While I oh so admire the sea and all her glories, my terra firma tendencies require that I mostly do so from afar. Or from a glass bottomed party boat. Or whilst snorkeling with said glass bottomed party boat at the ready. So these photos just leave Moi feeling like, well, a fish out of water. Rattlesnakes and bats and bears I can handle. But those creepy, deepy tentacled things? Shiver.

Doris Rose said...

Try *drinking* the margarita! I t could be that since Nanofest 07, all or part of you corpus callosum might be a little dehydrated. I have noticed that I seem to be doing a lot more pointing and grunting lately, dogs don't seem to mind...the lady at the post office was a little annoyed.

The pictures are Fabulous on the big screen! how can there be so much color under water without sunshine?? (Wayfarer?)and you know how I feel about small aquariums...

Aunty Belle said...

INKSLINGING??!!?!?!...ho! thas' real choice--hoo-whee, love that word. Only a writer ....ha!

My mama din't drink ritas, but she done kept a carton of Benson and Hedges in the bedside drawer fer years after she quit smokin'...jes' fer comfort, so I git what ya mean.

Incredible sea creatures--a tad spooky, I admit it.

Fun to read yore stuff.