Friday, March 21, 2008

Live on, Lindsey Wagner! Take Form of...My Mom's Knee!


Well, my blogging has just gone to hell in a handbasket, hasn't it? Please excuse my recent absences and consider this a doctor's note for the next week. Because in a few short hours, I'll be leaving on a jet plane to go see the Queen Mum, who now has a NEW! BIONIC! KNEE!

Yes, after Lord only knows how long of bone-on-bone pain she's been suffering and through the miracle of our fancypants modern medicine, some parts of her knee have now been replaced--or perhaps even all of it. I'm honestly not sure, but plan on having a stern discussion with her surgeon where I demand that he tell me everything that I already should know. My sister has been doing a beautiful job of tending to her and her post-car crash husband, and I'm looking forward to helping with those divided needs. It's probably not so fun to have two of your loved ones in the hospital within an 8-hour span. The good news is that everyone is okay, albeit very sore.

I spoke briefly with the queen last night and I have to tell you, it is fun to talk to people who are under the influence of pain medication. They slur their words and go off on unexpected tangents. I expect to learn some things in this week with my mother. However, most of it will be spent with crowbar in one hand (to get the pain medication in) and whip in the other (to encourage her to rest when she needs to). She'll take care of the hard work and the rest of us will move objects out of her path and pick up buckets of fried chicken for her when it just all gets to be too much. She is a Southern girl, after all.

Have a wonderful week, my friends, and hopefully when I get back the blog-writing part of my brain will have reactivated.

Wonder Twin powers, activate! Take form of...brain!
(I'm sorry, I cannot help this stuff. I am so stuck in the 70s.)


6 comments:

moi said...

Yay to the Queen Mum! I'm glad to hear all is well. Best from Moi to her.

Not such good news on your sister. Dang, how the heckfire would I ever know anything if it weren't for blobbing? Well, there is the matter of that new fangled invention – the TELEPHONE.

Take along some Oh Mighty Isis powers, travel well, and Happy Bunny Day.

Wicked Thistle said...

Moi: Dinna fash, girl, I barely know what's going on in my own life. Mostly I just show up to see what happens. And the telephone is just *so* last year.

Bugs says that if he were the kissing type, he'd land one right on your nose. (I do not urge you to try this. His teeth are deceptively sharp. This is probably a ploy on his part to lure you in.)

Anonymous said...

frad chickn. mmmmmm, bionic good.

Doris Rose said...

Yay Queen Mum, yay Wicked Thistle Yay Frank'n'Lisa. Yay Bionic Fancy Pants...get well, all.

Orangeblossoms said...

"wondertwin powers ACTIVATE!"

Form of Fancypants!

Okay. I totally LOVE the word fancypants.

Good luck with the nursing.

xo

Anonymous said...

between the wonder twins, zan got the shaft on powers. but he's cool, he's cool.

fancypants! that's our cat!
(G.G. Homeskillet Fancypants, M.D.)

plus our mum is a queen. ah, spring.