Tuesday, September 13, 2011

So Maybe 5-Year-Olds Aren't So Smart After All

Yesterday I wore capri pants to school. While I was sitting criss-cross applesauce with my little group of 5-year-olds, one of the girls gave a dramatic gasp, pointed to my calves, and said, "Miss Wicked, what's wrong with your leg?!" I looked down, expecting to see blood trickling down or maybe a space alien bursting through, but just saw my regular ol' leg. I asked her what was wrong, and she said, "Your leg--it's so...WHITE!" So I got all sniffy about it and made everyone stick their leg out so we could compare, and I'll admit to you right now that I gloated just a tiny bit when I saw that her leg was whiter than mine..

1 comment:

old man AJ said...

Christmas is coming; soon you can gift wrap her desk too.

note: in the 50+ crowd, criss-cross applesauce quickly begets full fledged achey leg. never mind how i know that.