Thursday, August 20, 2009

Oobala, Oobala, Oobala

Hi, friends! How've you been? I've missed you. It's been a great summer, hasn't it? Some people--particularly those crazy academic folk--might tell you that summer is over because school has started, but NO!! I defy it to happen! What ever happened to relying on the calendar, anyway? We've got one more month to go, my peeps, so let's make the most of it. We got some shizzle to look forward to. Let's check it out:

*Santa Fe Indian Market: THIS WEEKEND! Ride the train up, my fancy french donuts, and enjoy a day with the masses secure in the knowledge that traffic is your bitch today.

*Great American Duck Race: ALSO THIS WEEKEND! Go root for your favorite duck and practice your waddle. You know you want to.

*New Mexico Wine Festival: September 5-7. Mmm. Wine. Drink it, my lushious little pinot noirs. Sip from the vine of happiness.

*Zozobra: September 10. Check it.

*29th Annual Pietown Festival! September 12! You know how I feel about pie, and I know you feel exactly the same way! Call me! We'll carpool!

*New Mexico State Fair: September 11-27: All right, technically it crosses seasonal lines, but it's going to be hot out there and I'm still counting it as summer. Nyeh. Funnel cakes trump autumnal equinoxes any day.

That's just a small smattering of what's to come here in New Mexico over the next several weeks. For a look at a hardcore calendar, check this out. It'll make your head spin.

And speaking of calendars, has anyone else heard that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012? Just saying. Am I the only one who feels nervous about this?

Enjoy these last days of summer. I'll be around, drinking a margarita on the patio and enjoying the sensation of warmth. Hope to see you there.

1 comment:

moi said...

I'm like Rainman when it comes to the Fair. "Only 17 days to Funnel Cake and the bunny exhibit."