Friday, December 4, 2009

Did I Mention You Asked For This?

First of all, I would like to thank my three readers for being so wonderfully encouraging to me to get off my arse and git writing. I appreciate that you still check this site; I really do, since I certainly don't anymore. I deserve some flogging with a wet noodle and constant browbeating, and that's just to get me through my morning.

Since you asked, though, I'll share all my random thoughts with you right now. Prepare for a big, fat stream of consciousness. Remember, you requested this. And since my latest theme has been alllllll about being a tourist in your own state, we'll just co-opt that and call this Being a Tourist In Your Own Head. Or mine, in this instance (although feel free to turn inward at this point and entertain yourself with your own thoughts). Hey, is anybody still reading?

First of all, it's freakin' cold outside. (I would love it if someone would chime in with an It's so cold... joke here.) Auntie M, I heard that even Dallas got snow, and it's not even 2012 yet! And speaking of 2012, is anyone really going to go see that movie? Do we honestly need any more fear and hysteria running loose in our brains? Maybe we do. I'm often thinking along a straight line and neglecting to look at the grayer possibilities, so maybe this movie will actually encourage us to be nicer to each other for the next two years or something.

BWAAAAAAA HA HA HA HAAA!!! >wipes tears of laughter from eyes<

Moving on. I realized yesterday that among the many postings I have not made here lately, there have been none about The Children. Now that I've been placed in middle and high schools to atone for my sins, I really don't have anything cutesy to share about them. The teenagers, not so funny. Dramatic, yes; emotional, yes; annoying, yes; but funny, no. And they are annoying me mightily this week, just let me say. They are whiny and unmotivated and not-direction-following and we can only have one of us like that in the classroom, now can't we? These teenagers have a responsibility to be a role model for the adults around them. We're tired. We're tired of them. We have worked for many years and right about now, that fire of enthusiasm is juuuust about extinguished. We need us some winter break, and we need it bad.

But I don't mean to sound cranky. I just miss the hugs at knee level and the sweet smiles. As much as I miss those little elementary critters, though, I do not miss the planning that it requires to therapize them, mm-mm. And speaking honestly, I really do enjoy the bigger ones, as long as I remember that their aberrant behavior and general annoyingness is a normal stage of development. (Not one that I went through, of course. I was all sunshine and roses as a teenager, just ask my mother. Also, I toot butterflies. And please don't really ask my mother, it will put her in a terribly awkward position, as it makes her uncomfortable to lie. Thank you.)

What were we talking about? Oh, yes, Christmas shopping. One word: online.

Wow, we are just cruising through today's topics. What else ya got? I know you all want to talk about the cats & wabbit, but I simply must refuse. Except to say that Bugs' foot is just fine now, although his attitude remains unimproved.

Um...I'm all tapped out now. Again, as a disclaimer, I must remind all three of you that you asked for this. Now go talk amongst yourselves and start planning the intervention. Smooches!



5 comments:

Merry said...

Are those your REAL headlights...I don't remember them.

old man AJ said...

"it's SO cold, my headlights are pointy." --wicked

Doris Rose said...

She's BAAACK! oh boy,oh boy, oh boy. Thanks Macbean! I have been missing your sterling wit and whackadoodleness.
Once I removed the cobwebs, your blog lit up like a Christmas tree.
Hey, have your people call my people. ;)

Wicked Thistle said...

Auntie M: You're not looking in the right place. I keep my headlights cryogenically frozen in a laboratory in Geneva.

old man AJ: is Madonna stealing my quotes again?!

DR: why, tankyewveddymooch! Randomsity & whackadoodlenss are fun for everyone!

A.Fanny said...

You probably won't see this since you seem to be, once again, on haiatus. But we can't blame the newly roped (I'm assuming you were the chased one, no pun intended). But just letting you know I'm another admirer who checks this site! I do wager the teenage monsters are benefitting your presence!