Friday, July 20, 2007

Gone Swimmin'

It's just about that time, my friends. At some ungodly hour tomorrow, the beau and I will crawl on to a plane heading to Texas, where everything is bigger--even the hangovers (trust me). This year my goals are not to drink with my uncles (see previously parenthesed comment), to practice doing handstands in the ocean (last year I was hampered by pneumonia) and to feed Zak vegetarian hot dogs until he barfs. I think they're attainable.

To give you a flavor of what's ahead, here are some haiku interspersed with pictures of the beach from previous years. I hope you enjoy--see you all in August!



killer fire ants face
asian tiger mosquito swarm
we watch from indoors

get up. get up now.
get up off the sofa, dork,
it's time for ice cream.


shrimp don't stand a chance
de-suit 'em and marinate
aaaah, garam marsala

ice-creamless children
fully illustrate the term
“deprecating moue”


4 comments:

Orangeblossoms said...

Love your Haiku and your pics. Have a great trip!

Doris Rose said...

Bon Voyage Amiga.

moi said...

All my condolences, I mean, THE BEST, to da Beau in traipsing with you. He really seems quite the laid back lad about the whole thing. Either that or he's quietly hittin' the Jell-O shots behind y'all's back. Travel safely mi amiga!

(I would have hikoo-kooed all that but you know, it's late and I'm exhausted.)

Anonymous said...

that there beau, he's aaaaall right.

and that little beach bum in the last picture, from eight years ago--click on "AJ said..." to see a more recent vision of what he's become. and that's from two years ago...now he sports an earring and a coffin shaped, skull-decorated Ramondetta Last Ride skateboard whenever not suited up for the diamond.

but i digress. it's YOU'RE blog. congrats on attaining at least two of you're beach goals!