Thursday, April 30, 2009

You Media Potstirrers Can Just Go Ahead and SHUT IT Now

Things the little children said to me today:

"Miss Wicked, I think I have the swine flu."


"Miss Wicked, I have the swine flu." (cough, cough)


"Miss Wicked, my brother has the swine flu."
(followed by putting her snotty little hand in mine)


"Miss Wicked, my mom says I have the swine flu."
(followed by a large sneeze directed at my face)


"Miss Wicked, my cousin's friend's mechanic's neighbor's dog has the swine flu."


"Miss Wicked, I have a bump in my mouth and I think it's the swine flu. Wanna see?"

# # #

Also said to me, on an unrelated-to-swine-flu note:


Miss Wicked (to a child during a mapping activity in a 4th grade classroom): "Oh, you got the map from Oklahoma. Guess what, I'm from Oklahoma!"


Another child: "You're from Oklahoma??" (long, long pause as she looks real hard at Miss Wicked) "But you don't have brown hair."


Yet another troublesome child: "That's because she dyes it."


Yep. That's my world, people.

3 comments:

Doris Rose said...

Bad enough the adult size armageddonites have succumbed to "the sky is falling" now all the mini's have got it, sigh. That is the real epidemic!

A.Fanny said...

Moppet flu - MEDIA flu! How often do you get to wash your hands!?

moi said...

You should switch careers to sky diving instructor. Much less dangerous.